Why, Francine?!

My worst fears have been realized! There will be a follow-up to Sweet Valley Confidential.

It was announced today at The New York Times that a new series will begin next spring. It will be a digital-only series with installments coming out each month.

So, to recap:

Bad news = The Wakefields will be sticking around for even more terrible books.

Good news = The new series will probably keep me in the blogging business for the next fifteen years.

Tags:

Comments
  • Lauren Knott June 2, 2011 at 4:44 pm

That’s a hot mess. At least we’ll all get to read your recaps, full of snark and disdain.

• Sarah June 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Let’s hope this means that she’ll get someone to ghost write it, because I think a lot of the problems with SVC was that Pascal wrote it. I’ll wait to judge the “series” until I see a second book. It might be better and not littered with the plot problems this one was if it’s going forward.

That being said: Reading in entire series with Jessica and Todd married? Ew!

• saucytemptress June 2, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I just found out about this and I’m DYING to ghostwrite it. It would be a lifelong dream fulfilled!

If you were the ghostwriter I would happily buy each installment.

• angella June 2, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Dear God,
    I am horrified…..I love SVH but after SVC..maybe the sequel will be better and explain that SVC was a nightmare one of the twins was having and it didnt really happen! I mean how can they kill Winston off, Jess and Todd get married (yuck), make Steven gay (I rather Todd be gay, lol) and all the other inconsistencies.

• megan s. June 3, 2011 at 12:16 am

yea!

• Gary Lian June 3, 2011 at 8:10 am

Hey everyone!
    I’ve already jumped on this idea WAY before it was even announced! Want to read my version of the Sweet Valley post Confidential? I already have three chapters on my site:
    Click, read, and enjoy!!
    Spread the news 🙂

• Clementine Bojangles June 3, 2011 at 10:00 am

I can’t be the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea, right?

It makes my parts hurt.

• Gary Lian June 4, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Hey Sweet Valley fans! I just finished posting my 4rth chapter of what I believe might happen in the post Sweet Valley Confidential. If any of you are fans of Lila Fowler, you’re in for a big treat. Click and enjoy! https://thegaryfiles.wordpress.com/2011/06/04/sweet-valley-chapter-4-%E2%80%93-a-new-venture/

Anonymous Reply:

These are great!!! Better than the svc book by far. Loving the cliff hangers

Priya Reply:

wow these are really really good! looking forward to the next installment!

• Whallie June 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm

@Gary Lian. Whoa! Like who needs SVC crapola when we have people like you! That’s what the next installments should be. They should be written by random SV fans. I bet it would be so much better.

Does anyone else think that F.P. lives in a Spanish style basement with no windows to the world outside? Or possibly a Spanish style crypt with a pink princess phone inside, that’s her only communication to the outside world…? Just a thought.

Kaitlyn Reply:

@Whallie, I literally laughed out loud at the Spanish style basement remark

• Priya June 9, 2011 at 10:15 am

AHH…MAY….ZZING! i have only recently discovered your Sweet Valley Blogs Shannon- and can i just say..OMG- pure genius-…i loved SVH in my early..ahem and late..teens.. but i stopped reading the books around of the time of the whole A Night To Remember/Margo fiasco…so reading your recaps to catch up since then has been great- a hell of a lot more entertaining than the books ever were – stops me getting bored at work ;o) Anyway i’m actually a little over excited that SVC will be continuing and we have the possibility of having your recaps for the next 15 years…i did feel sort of empty when i finished the SVC book…but it will live on- yay! :o) (i feel a little ashamed to be so excited as i am 31 :o\)

It’s okay, be excited! You’re definitely not the only one!

• Darren June 16, 2011 at 1:04 am

So…are they going to do a remake of Dallas where old Ned discovers oil and gives Jessica Colbyco enterprises? Good grief is all I got to say! ANd I thought the Brady Brides was a poor remake. Guess we got a poor remake of Sweet Valley, just sad.

• Dane Youssef July 15, 2015 at 5:26 pm

I notice the whole series has been on stand-by for a while. I think it’s because the demand for these things has pretty much died down–or died out altogether. I guess the idea of a collection of nearly impossibly perfect teenagers living soap-opera lives is… kind of passe, to say the absolute least.

They attempted to revive the series by having them re-written–or should I say “edited in an updating fashion” by shoehorning in stuff like Old Navy, Ambercrombie & Fitch, YouTube, iPhones, iPads, etc. Oh, not to mention today’s speak… but there wasn’t really a herd of fanatic lining up in masses for these things like there was once upon a time….

I guess the world really has changed…

Though I imagine the upcoming motion-picture by Diablo Cody will certainly REALLY revive this damn thing. Hell, all of “Sweet Valley” will come roaring back into style in spades… totally retro. Bigger than “Gossip Girls ” and “Twilight” right now.

Hell, they’ll probably even release the complete TV series on DVD–God Help us all…

Maybe “The Valley” really will return…

–Sincere As Always, Dane Youssef