Sweet Valley Confidential Cover!

People has the official Sweet Valley Confidential cover. Nothing too exciting, but I guess the twins are too old now for a cover illustrating their crazy shenanigans. We’re still looking at a release date of March 29 and there’s really nothing else to report on that front.

In other news, I still suck at blogging. You guys, I am having so much trouble getting into Sweet Valley University. How can this series suck so much? I promise, promise, promise I have not abandoned you, but I don’t want to read the books if it feels like work because then the recaps won’t be funny. I have all the books sitting right here and I will dive in as soon as I’m in the perfect snarky frame of mind.

Tags:

Comments
  • rebecca October 20, 2010 at 9:56 am

SVU (ugh, I hate using that acronym because it reminds me of Law & Order) picks up around book 6, I think, and then falls apart shortly thereafter. (Todd is unbearable throughout the series though.)

But I think we need to play the game of who would play William White in the SVU movie. Because I have some ideas.

• Clementine October 20, 2010 at 9:57 am

I feel like the cover is supposed to convey a sense of mystery, you know? I mean, we get only parts of their faces and their hair covers most of that, making them look closed off and mysterious. Or something.

For what it’s worth, I’m eagerly awaiting your recaps. I check the site at least once a week to see if you’ve updated and am always bummed when I see you haven’t. (No pressure though.)

Maybe you just have to reach a certain point in the books and they get easier?

• rachierach October 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Shannon, I miss your blog SO much! Confession: I think Sweet Valley TWINS books are slightly–just slightly–bearable. Perhaps give them a snarky whirl before jumping into Sweet Valley University?

I was actually thinking that! I loved the Twins books when I was a kid but I never did get into SVU. So I might just give that a try.

• DarfurHerald October 20, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I was in Graphic Design school for a while and that just gives me the shivers…of horror. All I notice is the red at first glance, and then some ugly hair. It doesn’t make me want to pick it up; a bland, plain cover.

winston Reply:

Horror is right – I reckon there’s a strong chance the girl was working the pole at The Shady Lady before she posed for this.

• Sarah J October 20, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Hey Shannon! I think you should just do the recaps on the Twins series! Sooo much better than SVU. Go aaaaan, you know you want to!!!

• rachierach October 20, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I second that! SVT is much easier to get through!! All your loyal, loving fans will understand if you want to skip SVU for now! 🙂

• Fran October 20, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Aw, I really liked SVU. It was nice to see the perfect twins not so “perfect” all the time- but it had it’s up and downs. I would all be for SVT though since those were my absolute favorites!

• winston October 20, 2010 at 4:48 pm

You’re back! I love how the cover release brought you out of the wilderness. And old? At 27? Only in Sweet Valley….
    I can definitely suggest SVT as an alternative to SVU, they are waaay more implausible and the twins get up to things that regular 12-year-olds simply don’t. Definitely more-snark-worthy. I can’t even bring myself to read, let alone snark, SVU. Too much Liz brooding about her V-plates and Laurie John continuing to kill off Jessica’s boyfriends.

• Jessica Squits the Quad October 20, 2010 at 7:58 pm

They should have used the photo for the whole cover; the red looks tacky. I think they’re trying to be reminiscent of the circle picture covers of the original SVH books though, and the red (instead of the old pastels) is supposed to add a modern ‘pop’.

Let me know if you need a co-author, Shannon! I can recap SVU while you do SVT…I’ve got plenty of snark for it:)

• megan s. October 20, 2010 at 10:03 pm

come back come back i need you hehe.

and do SVT! 🙂

• winston October 21, 2010 at 6:24 am

Yes! The guy who plays Draco in Harry Potter. An Albino-esque white supremist. Horrid!

• sarz October 21, 2010 at 8:44 am

I definately think you should recap SVT, i liked them so much more when i was younger than SVU

btw the new cover is so mysterious looking, can’t wait till the book comes out!

btw just wanted to say i love your blog, its really cool

• svugirl90 October 21, 2010 at 2:43 pm

My thoughts exactly! Number 8 is the worst! SVT is way more bearable than SVU, even all these years later.

• Jenn October 23, 2010 at 10:07 am

There’s something about the cover that I don’t like. It feels like they tried to combine a retro look with a modern look and it just kind of failed all around.

• martha October 25, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I would love to see recaps of Sweet Valley Twins! Although I am really curious about Sweet Valley U since I never read any of those.

• Gary November 25, 2010 at 8:59 am

Hey,
    I recently bought a Kindle and I’ve been trying to find Sweet Valley e-books to download, but I can’t find any 🙁
    Do any of you know a good website where I can possibly download them from?
    That way I can take my SV collection wherever I go – in case, I need a dose of those crazy Wakefield twins.
    Thanks

jyoti Reply:

did you find sv collection to download?am looking for the same..let me know..
    jyoti13singh@gmail.com
    thanks

• Flo November 26, 2010 at 1:17 am

Good god… That excerpt BURNED. I’ll still read it, but I might need a glass of wine first. Sheesh.