Sweet Valley High Magna Edition: Elizabeth’s Secret Diary, Volume 3

Diary - Elizabeth03-OuterSynopsis:

Todd cancels a date on a Friday night and Liz thinks their relationship must be going down the tubes. She decides to read her diary:

#71: Starring Jessica – Liz feels all sad and jealous when Jessica gets chosen to be on television and also turns in a perfect article for The Oracle. She’s also bored with Todd.

#72: Rock Star’s Girl – Liz sees a really cute guy on the beach a few times checking her out and wants to meet him. They finally speak to each other. His name is Sam Woodruff and he saw Jessica on television and wanted to meet her, but then saw her at the Dairi Burger one day with Todd. Liz explains that Jessica was the one on television, and then she says she and Todd are just friends. She and Sam have a couple dates.

#73: Regina’s Legacy – Liz tries to forget about Sam as she uncovers a drug ring.

#74: The Perfect Girl – Liz tells herself she can’t see Sam anymore, and then goes and makes out with him anyway. Then she acts like she can’t believe she’s cheating on Todd. Seriously?

#75: Amy’s True Love – Tom McKay is gay and Liz wants to tell Sam about Todd. Sam tells Liz he loves her.

#76: Miss Teen Sweet Valley – Liz finally breaks things off with Sam, then gets all worked up about the beauty pageant. She wonders if she’s so upset about the pageant because she’s “taking the moral high road to compensate for cheating with Sam.”

#77: Cheating to Win – Todd is a whiny bitch and it makes Liz want to see Sam again. They get together at the beach and make out. Then Sam sees Liz kissing Todd one day at the Dairi Burger and he tells her to fuck off.

#78: The Dating Game – Liz is really upset when Sam ignores her at the Dairi Burger and the Beach Disco but starts checking out Jessica.

#79: The Long-Lost Brother – This book is skipped completely.

#80: The Girl They Both Loved – Sam starts dating Jessica. Liz thinks he’s just trying to get back at her for hurting him. He assures her he’s really just crazy about Jessica. Liz thinks she can never be totally happy with Todd as long as Sam and Jessica are together.

#81: Rosa’s Lie – Sam calls and Liz pretends to be Jessica on the phone.

#82: Kidnapped by the Cult! – Jessica joins a cult. Liz and Sam have to work together to save her, then they decide they’re happy to just be friends.

The Cover: I hate these weird photo covers. Nothing here correlates to anything actually in the book.

Diary - Elizabeth03-Inner

Tags: ,

Comments
  • Maggi December 8, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Ugh this is the worst relationship ever starring the two worst people ever. Actually, now that I think about it, they deserve each other. lol

I really always liked Sam until this book. Wtf is wrong with every guy in Sweet Valley? One twin just isn’t enough.

Sacha Reply:

Whats so great about the twins anyway. I used to like Elizabeth until the miniseries crap. Now shes just like Jessica but, more goody goody.

• Lindsay December 8, 2009 at 3:20 pm

Is that supposed to be Todd in that cover? ‘Cause that’s not the weird looking dude with the abnormally tiny head from the show.

Why do the twins double dip on boyfriends? It’s gross and weird and I can tell you with absolute certainty my sister and I have NEVER shared a boyfriend, nor have we ever found the same type of guy attractive. GAH, these books are so retarded. Why couldn’t I see them for what they were when I was an impressionable youth? Damn you, Francine and your legion of ghostwriters with obvious “don’t give a damn” attitudes.

girltalkread Reply:

Lindsay my sister and I never shared boyfriends or found the same kinds of dudes attractive either! yet these twins constantly double dip as u put it!

Lindsay Reply:

It’s so disturbing, especially when you throw in the fact they’re freaking identical twins.

I just wanted to throw in there that my sister and I have never shared boyfriends, either. Who the hell would really do that?

• Lorelai December 8, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Um…there were two Todds from the show, and that dude on the cover is neither of them. Also, that pic of the twins driving in the car is an SVU cover.

That’s how lame these books are — I have to comment on the covers.

Lindsay Reply:

It’s sad, isn’t it? I hate these damn covers

These covers are terrible. They don’t even make sense.

• girltalkread December 8, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Elizabeth is such the ho!

Lindsay Reply:

Truer words have never been spoken

• Lindsay December 9, 2009 at 6:41 am

Does Tom McKay ever get a boyfriend, you guys? Or does that not happen in Sweet Valley?

I’m thinking being gay in Sweet Valley means you have to live a life of loneliness since there are no other gay people in town unless Enid’s cousin comes for a visit.

• Beth December 9, 2009 at 7:17 pm

You can’t tell me that Sam, Todd, AND Ken didn’t all get together at the Dairi Burger (or in the locker room, or wherever) and brag about scoring both twins!! I mean, these guys are in high school, and these are (according to every SV book ever written) the most gorgeous identical twins ever to grace the planet..

Oh, you know they totally did.

• Megan December 11, 2009 at 11:21 am

I cannot even deal with what they have done to my Sam and his memory.

I know, it’s just not right!

• Karla January 13, 2010 at 8:21 pm

She’s also bored with Todd.

That makes two (million) of us, sister.

• bia_lee August 24, 2012 at 2:18 am

Damn you francine you had to make liz like sam….. he is Jessica’s true love end of discussion

• Lila Flowers January 2, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Ugh. I hate these diary books where they make up shit that never happened! Unlessssss….Jessica knew about the Sam/Liz affair and meant to frame Liz for his death! That would actually make sense.

• Dane Youssef February 4, 2013 at 12:03 am

It’s astonishing that no one else seems to have figured this out. I’m tired of saying this, so I’m going to say it for the last time–the answer to the ad nausea question (yes, “nausea”): “Why do the twins insist on dating the same boys? Why does Todd date both the Wakefield pair-field girls? Why to they betray each other repeatedly over the same boy?”

Because THIS WHOLE THING IS ALL A DAMN SOAP OPERA–PERIOD! That’s why everyone cheated all the time and all this other schmaltzy theatrics….

‘Cause it was a soap. Gasp! Two identical twin teens having affairs with all these boys, boys that one sister considers to be her soul-mate–and the sisters sometimes trying to kill one another.

He had an affair with her identical twin sister… you can’t get any more of a soap-opera than that.

Yup… just pure, good, clean soap…

–Still Enjoying It, Dane Youssef

• Dane Youssef August 26, 2013 at 7:30 am

“Liz decides she’s bored with Todd. In the present, Liz closes her diary and cries about the car crash that killed Sam. Then Todd stops by and explains he had to postpone their date so he could drive a couple hours up the coast to pick up the locket he ordered in honor of the anniversary of the first time Liz told Todd she loved him.” –Shannon

Yes, exactly. I think we’re all getting as tired with Todd as we are with Liz, are we not? She’s so quick to jump the gun and 86 the only other person in Sweet Valley–in the world, even in all of know history, in literature or real… who’s as mind-numbingly dull as her, the little “goody-goody” twat.

I think these books are better for you as long as you don’t follow the series straight. Take a break. Take many. And long ones at the same time.

–More Sincere Than Ever, Dane Youssef

Taking breaks really is the key. I never would have gotten through them all if I didn’t take a rest for my sanity now and then.

• Dane Youssef September 18, 2014 at 8:57 pm

TO EVERYONE SCREAMING ABOUT THE UNIDENTIFIED SOUL ON THE COVER:

I think that’s supposed to be Sam….

• Dane Youssef December 7, 2014 at 2:27 am

There’s two “Todd”s. Ryan James Bittle and Jeremy Vincent Garrett. I assume you mean #2. Heh. He had a normal-sized head. Just… kind of a weird little face. A Valentine’s Heart-Shaped face.

I kind of liked his face. Something about it…

I wish the f–k was still acting. At least in something a little more high-profile. Something mainstream. There’s more movies, TV, plays and streamlined whatever now than ever before…

“Why do the twins double dip on boyfriends?” –Also Lindsay

It’s all a soap opera…

–As Always, Dane Youssef

• Selena June 10, 2015 at 11:58 pm

Seriously…I can go y’all one creepier. I’ve had 3 guys who messed around with my daughter (she’s an adult) try to hook up with me.
    Can we have a collective EWWWWWWW?