Next week…

I will not be updating next week because I will be at the beautiful Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado.

investigation_stanleyhotel_photo1_large

My boss is convinced I’m going to come back possessed, but I’m hoping I’ll come back with some awesome ghost-hunting stories.

There will be an update tomorrow, so be sure to check in for the recap of #111: Deadly Christmas.

Comments
  • HelenB October 1, 2009 at 3:49 pm

I’m trying to work out what would happen in that hotel if you were an SVH character. My vote’s with “someone tries to steal your face”.

Ha! Or maybe some vampire, werewolf or other supernatural creature will fall in love with me.

• Sadako October 1, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Have fun!

And I know I’m odd but…I always wanted to be possessed!

That is a little bit odd, but I’ve always wanted to see a ghost and that freaks some people right out.

• Megan October 1, 2009 at 4:26 pm

If you see anyone in a dog suit, you turn right around and you get out of there.

Believe it! Also, I better not see any freaky damn twins in my hallway in the middle of the night.

HelenB Reply:

Especially if they’re blonde with heart-shaped faces, am I right?

“Come be Wakefields with us, Shannon! For ever and ever and ever…”

“We’ll shop at Lisette’s and have lunch in the cafeteria every day for the rest of eternity…”

• Jenna October 1, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Cafeteria? You mean Guido’s? It’s the best pizza parlour in the entire world!

Remember Shannon, it’s okay to cheat as long as you are reading women’s lit!

Thanks, Jenna. I’ll be sure to tell my husband. I’m sure he’ll understand, especially if I’m in London or something at the time.

• Lindsay October 1, 2009 at 9:24 pm

WOOT! The Stanley Hotel! Do NOT go into the ballroom if it’s filled with ghosts. They just want you to kill your family. They’re not as nice as they seem.

I promise I won’t! I really hope they have a bartender named Lloyd, though.

• Lindsay October 2, 2009 at 9:35 am

Does it make me a dork wanting to stay in room 217? Cause I would so do that in a heartbeat. And probably not sleep the entire time there

We actually asked about that room, and also the room the Ghost Hunters stayed in when they investigated there. Those rooms are way too expensive though.
    We are equally dorky, ha.

Lindsay Reply:

Dorks unite!

Can you take lots of pictures?! Have I already asked you that?

OMG, you watch Ghost Hunters, too?! I love that fact those dudes are like Roto Rooter men buy day, ghost hunters by night. Did you see the one with Meat Loaf? The moment that happened, my life was complete.

Can I admit here I hate the Sci-Fi channel for making their name more “hip”? Syfy is dumb.

THERE WAS ONE WITH MEAT LOAF? I need to see this. I’ve been slacking on watching it since last Halloween. Are they doing a live Halloween investigation this year?

I HATE that they changed the name to Syfy. Wtf is that? It looks like it should be pronounced “siffy.”

I promise there will be pictures!

• Sandy October 2, 2009 at 11:05 am

Well for sure you will run into royalty.

Naturally!

• Erin October 4, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I’m so jealous! I’ve always wanted to visit The Stanley. Have a wonderful time!

Thanks! It was awesome. I’m going to post some pictures pretty soon.

• Lindsay October 8, 2009 at 3:11 am

South Park just made fun of Ghost Hunters. It was awesome. And the Meat Loaf episode should still be on ON Demand. Meat Loaf freaking rocks. I think this is the one…

Thanks for that link! I’m definitely going to watch that tomorrow. I LOVE Meat Loaf.
    Lindsay, I’m starting to think we’re the same person.