Taking a break

svhSRI’ve got to go on a bit of a hiatus. I’m having a lot of personal drama right now, so the twins are just going to have to take a backseat for a minute. Liz won’t mind. In fact, she’s offered to help me through my issues and be my best friend until it’s all over (and then forget I ever existed). Jessica, however, is pissed that there’s something in my life that’s more important than she is. I imagine she’ll get over it next time she goes to the beach and meets some gorgeous guy.

I won’t be gone long. I’m hoping to be back to regular posting in the next couple of weeks, so don’t wander too far away from Sweet Valley!

The Cover: So it’s not the best Photoshop job in the world, but I think it’s pretty funny.

My wonderful friend, Callie, made another cover for me:

ShannonSVH_edited-1

Kate, that was a great idea you had.

Comments
  • Daners Isadora- Bond Girl June 29, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Take care and I hope everything gets better for you! We’ll miss you!

Jessica is a biatch.

Thanks, Lindsay. I’ll still be around, lurking on everyone else’s blogs like a creeper. I just can’t put forth the energy of reading and recapping the adventures of the Wakefields right now.

Jessica really is a biatch. (Don’t tell her I said that.)

Daners Isadora- Bond Girl Reply:

I won’t, but I’ll tell Elizabeth. Which is probably why she’s looking at you with such pity in that photo up there. I mean, who doesn’t love a Wakefield?

• HelenB June 29, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Hope everything sorts itself out! Meanwhile, don’t get into a motorcycle accident and wake up afterwards with your twin sister’s personality. That would be terrible!

• Kate June 30, 2009 at 9:35 am

I can just picture the cover. Poor Shannon sitting with the weight of the world on her shoulders and Liz giving her condescendingly supportive gaze and hand on the shoulder.

Best wishes to you, my dear! Take as much time as you need.

Maybe when I get home from work tonight, I’ll try to Photoshop that cover. That would be awesome.

Turns out I have Photoshop at work. It’s a really old version, but it got the job done. Thanks for the idea!

• Kate June 30, 2009 at 11:45 am

Ha! Nice work, ladies! You’re the greatest, both of you!

• Jessica Wakefield June 30, 2009 at 11:55 am

OMG Shannon, I get that you have five hundred and thirty seven issues to deal with right now, but the big game against Palisades is this week and I need you to watch me cheer! We’re going to humiliate the new fat girl in town, and then give her a make-ov. .. OMG look at that hunk with the gorgeous eyes!!

• Jenna June 30, 2009 at 11:58 am

I’m going to miss your blog!! Hope things get better in Shannon-land so you can get back to Sweet Valley!! I love the covers, they are awesome 🙂

• Abi June 30, 2009 at 12:04 pm

<3 you chica! Those covers are amazing lol.

Lelandria Reply:

Love the covers!!

• Callie June 30, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Shannon, you are fabulous. I’ll miss the updates and can’t wait for the regularly scheduled program.

I have to say though I’m embarrassed that my photo shop disaster was put up next to yours.

*crowns Shannon Queen of Photo Shop*

You just didn’t have the resources I did, that’s all! (I took a picture of myself looking all sad, ha.)

I love your cover! Especially the fact that you numbered the book 137.

• tracylondon June 30, 2009 at 6:07 pm

oh man, i will miss you too! take care and i will watch for your return.

also, are you sure you don’t have MS? Cause you could you know…just don’t be taking that new medication and drinking. Or maybe you are just really tired. Are you having problems with your vision? Maybe your legs are paralyzed from that plane crash and someone just needs to throw a 6 year old in the pool?

Seriously though, I will miss you.

• Sadako June 30, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Come back soon! Hope all goes well.

• alantru July 2, 2009 at 1:33 pm

I just get here and you’re leaving? Wow, do I know how to kill a party, or what?

So, my research has led me discover there are 152 Sweet Valley High books.

Wow.

Have you read them all?

Waiting for your response with bated breath for the next two weeks.

Hi Alan! Don’t worry, the party was dead before you got here. I’m just watching over it while I eat the leftover chips and salsa.

I read many of these books when I was much younger, but it was so long ago that it’s like reading them for the first time now, which is not as whimsical as it sounds. These books are awful, and I feel it’s my duty to recap them for others so nobody else ever has to read them again.

Thank you for coming by! I hope you’ll visit sometimes once I start posting again!

• Mara July 2, 2009 at 5:24 pm

We will definitely miss you out here! Hope your drama passes quickly.

Also, love the photoshopped covers.

• the "s" word July 5, 2009 at 7:36 pm

LOL @ those covers. Great idea!