The Story So Far: Books 21-30, Super Editions 1-4

• Since book #21, Sweet Valley has seen two summers, a spring break and a Christmas.
  • Jessica has dated Nicky Shepard, Robbie October, Jean-Claude, Jay McGuire and Cliff. I think she’s running out of guys to date in Sweet Valley because three of those five guys are from Super Editions when the twins were out of town.
  • Todd has moved to Vermont. He and Elizabeth have had a friendly breakup.
  • Since Todd’s move, Liz has dated Nicholas Morrow, Michael from Big Mesa, Rene Glize and Tony Sargent. That’s only one less guy than Jessica has dated.
  • Steve is dating Cara Walker now.
  • Enid is doing just fine since her breakup with George.
  • Jessica doesn’t know how to do laundry.
  • As far as I can tell, Patty Gilbert is the only black girl in Sweet Valley.
  • Regina Morrow can hear now.
  • Ken plagiarized one of Liz’s short stories, but he confessed so there are no hard feelings.
  • The twins, Bruce and Nicholas Morrow saved the rest of the Morrows from dangerous criminals who had kidnapped them. Everyone seems to be over it.
  • Lila has only thrown two parties.
  • Sweet Valley High has had four dances.
  • I hate everyone in Sweet Valley. Except Lila.
Comments
  • Kate April 18, 2010 at 3:50 am

I am absolutely loving these. SVH was my favorite series from the time I was about ten through fourteen or so and this is bringing so many memories back. Your snark has tears of laughter streaming down my face as well.

Back then I thought Jessica was a snot but I loved her anyway. Elizabeth was my idol. Now I loathe Elizabeth. Lila is definitely my favorite but sadly underused…our 80’s version of Blair Waldorf.

• Melissa January 6, 2011 at 1:40 am

If you hate everyone in this book and can’t stop making fun of them, why are you bother making a .com domain for this series?! I’m seriously dumbfounded. Oh wait. it’s because YOU CAN’T STOP making fun of them!!

Alanna Reply:

It’s the love-to-hate concept, familiar with it?

• Tom December 16, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I never even read these books, this blog is amazing though and I’m hooked.

• Anonymous June 29, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Lila as compared to Blaire Waldorf…no wonder I loved her! :). So, which twin is Serena…who I always found infinitely annoying. (I must confess, I daydreamed myself as Jessica when reading as a teen.)

• Natalie April 26, 2014 at 10:51 am

I would have love to have seen Leighton Meester as Lila, Diana Agron as Jessica and Liz in a SVH movie…..
    I hate the name Sandra Bacon.. why, absolutely no need…

• Lila of the Valley July 11, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Love the idea of Diana Agron as the twins!